How To Reserve Your Domain Name and Web Hosting
1. Go to www.godaddy.com.
3. The next page will tell you if your domain is available. If it isn't, there are suggested variations on the page that are available, including .net, .biz, etc. (sometimes prices vary), or you can keep trying until you find a domain you like that's available. Once you get the page saying that your domain name "Is Available!", click "Continue to Checkout".
4. The next page asks "What Do You Want To Do With Your Domain?" Check the box next to "Web Hosting". Then change the "Deluxe Hosting" option to "Economy Hosting" by clicking the down arrow. (You don't need that much space, and if you do later on you can always upgrade your hosting plan.) Then click on "Add and Continue to Cart".
5. On this page you will choose how many years you want to reserve your domain for. I would just reserve it for 1 year for now, you can always renew later. So change the "5 Years" to "1 Year" by clicking on the up/down arrow. When your page looks like the image above, click "Checkout".
6. On the next page you will create your account. Choose the "I'm a new customer" button and fill in the boxes. VERY IMPORTANT!! Write down the information in these four boxes immediately, and keep it in a safe place! You will need to log into your account to set up your website later.
7. Finally, you will enter your billing information. It may take a day or two for your account to become active, but you're on your way to having your own photography website!